English lace, super-light knits and sparkling gemstones from the Spring/Summer 2014 runway inspire a feminine look with effortless glowing skin.
Luminescent shades of rose pink and sage green reflect the runway palette, presented in a spectrum of textures: new eye palettes in powdery soft pastels, crystalline lip glosses and nail polishes in pops springtime colour.
English Rose references the season’s light textures, dusty colours and petal details, with nude lips and rose shades for the eyes. Soft colours seamlessly enhance natural skin tones; lashes are left bare and naturally groomed brows finish the look.
Created by Burberry Make-Up Artistic Consultant Wendy Rowe under the creative direction of Burberry Chief Creative Officer Christopher Bailey.
Here are some great application tips for the runway look feature in the Spring/Summer 2014 campaign:
- Use Sheer Concealer to highlight the forehead, nose, Cupid’s bow and chin. Use rose-toned shades under the eyes to diminish dark circles and even the complexion.
- Mix Fresh Glow Fluid in Golden Radiance No.02 with Sheer Foundation before applying, to create glowing skin with a subtle, sun-kissed feel. Begin application at the centre of the face, blending the foundation outwards for an effortless, natural look.
- Finish with a light dusting of Sheer Powder over the T-zone to ensure even, shine-free skin for the whole day.
- Contour cheekbones with Light Glow in Earthy Blush No.07. Bring healthy colour to the cheeks with
- Light Glow in Peony Blush No.04.
- To create a soft, petal-like effect around the eyes, use Sheer Eye Shadow in Tea Rose No.11 as a light colourwash over lids. Then take the brightest shade from the Complete Eye Palette Rose Pink No.10 along the upper and lower lash line – blending outwards to a fade – and more intensely along the outer socket line.
- For a more defined look, apply Eye Definer in Midnight Black No.01 to the outer half of the upper lash line, in between lashes.
- Apply Effortless Mascara in Midnight Black No.01 to the top and bottom lashes, starting at the root of the lashes.
- Line the mouth with Lip Definer in Rosewood No.07. Follow with Lip Mist in Trench Kiss No.216 on the lips, pressing in with fingertips for a more natural finish.
- Apply one coat of Nail Protect Base & Top Coat followed by two coats of Nail Polish in Dusky Mauve No.405, allowing a little drying time in between coats. Apply a final coat of Nail Protect Base & Top Coat before resting the customer’s hands on a towel to allow nails to dry.